BLOGS AND OTHER RESOURCES
The number of PD bloggers has grown exponentially since I was diagnosed 11 years ago. There were only 2 that I could find. Now there are close to 100 that we know of and more popping up frequently. There is a more complete list, compiled by blogger Sherri Woodbridge of Parkinson’s Journey http://parkinsonsjourney.com/4827-2/
In no particular order:
- Parkinson’s Diva by Maria de Leon, M.D.
- Living Well With Parkinsons by Sheryl Jedlinski, well written blog with good information about living with PD
- Mariette Robijn Blogger from the Netherlands, often humorous, offbeat posts
- Parkinson’s Women by Darcy Blake, Women and PD advocate
- The Science of Parkinson’s well written, in language the average person can understand. By Simon Stott
- Parkinson’s Humor by Yuma Bev, fun site
- It Is What It Is Zen and Living with Parkinson’s Disease by Tom Eckhardt
- A Soft Voice in a Noisy World by Karl Robb, diagnosed at 23, living with PD for over 30 years.
- Perky Parky, Allison Smith
- Tomorrow Edition, Benyamin Stecher
- Parking Suns, Bruce Ballard
- Tikvah for Parkinson, Debbie Shapiro has created an all-purpose Parkinson’s Center in Jerusalem
- Elisabeth Ildal
- Kathleen Kiddo Heather Kennedy
- Tim Hague Winner of the Great Race Canada. Very inspirational
- Parkinson Fit More of a newsletter than a blog. A lot of good information.