Parkinson’s Organizations and Newsletters
- American Parkinson’s Disease Association
- Brian Grant Foundation https://briangrant.org/
Davis Phinney Foundation https://www.davisphinneyfoundation.org. The Every Victory Counts manual is a must have.
European Parkinson’s Disease Association www.epda.eu.com
- Michael J Fox Foundation https://www.michaeljfox.org/
Parkinson’s Foundation www.parkinsonsfoundation.org
Parkinson’s Life http://parkinsonslife.eu A good website from the UK. Run by EPDA
Parkinson’s News Today https://parkinsonsnewstoday.com/– another good source of info
The Meyrow Foundation The Parkinson’s Wellness Fund provides financial support to improve the lives of individuals living with Parkinson’s, today.
- Check out the newest way to learn about Parkinson’s Disease on Mediflix.tv. Now streaming original shows, movies
and world-class expert insights on Parkinson’s Disease.
- Parkinson’s School with Dr. Laurie K Mischley. All you ever wanted to know about Parkinson’s and more from a leading expert on PD.
Patient Support and Exercise Classes
Many classes are offered online now so you can participate in any of these wherever you live.
- Dancing Through Parkinson’s Los Angeles based dance company offers many Dancing Through Parkinson’s classes throughout the city Now offering classes streaming through Zoom
- Healing Breath Yoga with Christiana who teaches yoga for people with Parkinson’s. Her mantra is “If you can breathe, you can do yoga”. Private lessons and group classes are offered throughout the week.
- Mission PD with Stacey Macaluso offers a full range of exercise classes and lectures for everyone with Parkinson’s.
- Neuroboxing Founded by Jennifer Parkinson Iljin, Neuroboxing uses a complete wellness centered approach to help those living with their Neurological disorder stand a fighting chance. Through a range of functional training such as non-contact boxing, Spin biking classes, H.I.I.T, also functional health & fitness coaching, education & support we are helping our clients fight back and live the best life possible!
- PD-Connect Lisa and SteF make working out seem like play. Based in Marin County, California, they offer many classes through Zoom.
- re+active pt Physical therapy studio in Los Angeles, specializing in Parkinson’s Disease. They offer a number of online classes, including yoga, boxing, dance and more.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Check the website to find a Boxing class near you
- Rogue Physical Therapy – Claire McLean offers many different types of exercise classes on-line including PWR!, boxing and yoga.
- StoPD – boxing classes in NY and Los Angeles plus training and theatre workshops
- Urban Poling has videos and live classes to teach you how to use their poles
- Taiko Drumming:
Lauren’s Hope was the first to introduce fashionable medical identification products for men, women, and children.