BLOGS AND OTHER RESOURCES
The number of PD bloggers has grown exponentially since I was diagnosed 11 years ago. There were only 2 that I could find. Now there are close to 100 that we know of and more popping up frequently. There is a more complete list, compiled by blogger Sherri Woodbridge of Parkinson’s Journey http://parkinsonsjourney.com/4827-2/
In no particular order:
- Parkinson’s Diva by Maria de Leon, M.D.
- Living Well With Parkinsons by Sheryl Jedlinski, well written blog with good information about living with PD
- Mariette Robijn Blogger from the Netherlands, often humorous, offbeat posts
- Parkinson’s Women by Darcy Blake, Women and PD advocate
- The Science of Parkinson’s well written, in language the average person can understand. By Simon Stott
- Parkinson’s Humor by Yuma Bev, fun site
- It Is What It Is Zen and Living with Parkinson’s Disease by Tom Eckhardt
- A Soft Voice in a Noisy World by Karl Robb, diagnosed at 23, living with PD for over 30 years.
- Perky Parky, Allison Smith
- Tomorrow Edition, Benyamin Stecher
- Parking Suns, Bruce Ballard
- Tikvah for Parkinson, Debbie Shapiro has created an all-purpose Parkinson’s Center in Jerusalem
- Elisabeth Ildal
- Kathleen Kiddo Heather Kennedy
- Tim Hague Winner of the Great Race Canada. Very inspirational
- Parkinson Fit More of a newsletter than a blog. A lot of good information.
- Parkinsonsecrets Dr. Michael S. Okun, a world authority on PD, co-hosts a blog with Dr. Indu Subramanian with content from a rich variety of bloggers. They provide a forum for others “to inspire faith, plant the seed of hope, help patients to discover their core values, and to share ‘secrets’ that will improve lives…Hope leads to happiness, and happiness will lead to a meaningful life.”